Mentoring Project Coordinator
Download Job Description
YBI has been working with a global power company on our SOS Mentoring: volunteer engagement programme in Chile, Colombia, Peru and Spain since January 2021. This impressive and extensive programme is building the skills of employees to provide much-needed guidance and support to youth-led businesses as they navigate the challenges of COVID 19.
Following the success of the pilot and the energy and engagement from the Global Power company, we are embarking on a second phase of the programme, lasting 7 months, made of two components. Component 1: Continuing the work in Latin America and Spain to further support more youth-led businesses, Component 2: Expand our reach to enable Enel group staff to support youth-led businesses in Greece, Italy and Russia.
The overall outcomes of the project are:
- 65 (minimum) new active employee volunteers engaged as one-to-one mentors across 8 countries.
- Over 1,500 staff volunteer hours (20 hours per new mentors, including training, mentoring, and regular touch points and approx. 15 hours per existing mentor).
- 65 businesses from underserved communities supported.
- The timeline for the project is 7 month; 01 Oct – 30 April 2021.
- Working with the Director of Member Services and Engagement, Head of Development and Programs, YBI MEL and Comms team as well as project donor, YBI and participating YBI members to successfully coordinate the volunteer business mentoring project according to the project plan.
- Maintain core project documents, ensuring members have access to project tracking files in shared drive and are keeping the files up to date
- Preparation and distribution of satisfaction survey to volunteers on completion of the mentoring training, and final surveys to mentors and mentees at the end of the project
- Completion of the midterm and final project status reports, drawing from the project tracking tables and brief written reports to be provided by members, as well as survey results
- Distribute updates on the project, consisting of testimonials from mentors and entrepreneurs provided by the members
- Publication of a final blog on the project highlighting achievements noted in the final report
- Preparation and distribution of a certificate or Seal for participating mentors.
Additional tasks/outputs may be assigned in consultation and upon the agreement of the consultant.
The project is being run with 3 countries in Latin America, 3 in Europe and Russia. The Mentoring Project Coordinator would need to be available across these time zones. A second language of Spanish, Italian or Russian and experience with volunteer business mentoring programs would be a plus.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV (maximum 2 x A4) and a covering letter to Emilia.McElvenney@youthbusiness.org and HR@youthbusiness.org. Your covering letter (maximum 2 x A4) should:
- Explain how your background and experience make you a suitable candidate for this consultancy.
- A budget for the work including number of days and day rate to complete in the agreed period.
- Your proposed working structure in terms of availability for meetings
- Confirm where you saw this job advertised.
Closing date: 17 October 2021, 23:59 GMT
Interviews: W/c interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.