To succeed in delivering our ambitious plans we need to ensure YBI has strong organisational capability. The Finance & Operations function is tasked with making this happen. The function is made up of Finance, HR, IT & Governance. Very much the underpinning structure ensuring smooth, efficient and effective delivery of all our services.
The Programme Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the financials that underpin our programmes and projects are transparent and robust. Whilst reporting into the Head of Finance & Operations the Programme Finance Manager will embed themselves within the Development and Programmes Team and so create an active partnership that provides real-time support and analysis. Thus, making them a trusted adviser focused on adding value to businesses.
This is a key role within the organisation which requires an excellent team player who can work in a flexible, collaborative, and supportive way (challenging where necessary) with stakeholders at all levels. The post holder needs to provide high-level finance expertise and also be willing to contribute broadly across the organisation.
· Support the funding bid process ensuring that all programme & project costs, and related income, are fully identified and understood.
· Build cost models in support of different funding streams. Run “what if” scenarios.
· As a business partner ensure Programme Managers fully understand and own the costs and related income that are driving their programmes and projects.
· Working with the Programme Managers to prepare monthly programme & project finance reports including any reforecasting.
· In partnership with the Programme Managers ensure all programmes close outs include a final sign off on all related income and costs.
· Support the Head of Finance & Operations in pulling together reporting, forecasts and budgets.
· Embed process improvement in all business partnering activities.
· Due diligence on members as members become sub-grantees within YBI led programmes
· Manage and coordinate the monthly financial project cycle, ensuring all project information is up to date and accurate, all systems are reconciled and all transactions are correctly recorded.
· Assist the Head of Finance and Operations to develop a close out process for grants and contracts
· Support the Head of Finance and Operations to manage the quarterly management reporting process, producing timely and accurate project and subcontractor information, coordinating the outputs of all programmes.
· Support the Programme Managers with accurate completion of donor reports
· Manage the financial oversight of individual programmes through YBI’s project cycle from initial set-up to closure, ensuring that financial data is up to date and reconciled
· Ensure that invoicing, reporting and audit requirements have been captured
· Manage and monitor all project budgets against actuals, advising Programme Managers on resulting reporting issues
· Set-up and coordinate regular meetings with Programme Managers and other stakeholders, advising on the financial progress of projects, all financial reporting and addressing problems as they arise
· Ensuring all contractual deadlines are adhered to, alerting project staff where necessary, co-ordinating submission of contractually required reports and appropriate financial statements.
· Manage the programme billing cycle, issuing invoices according to contract specifications and maintaining relevant control tools.
· Point of contact to members and donors on project financial enquiries and transactions.
· Maintaining a set of key project accounting reports & communicate them to the relevant stakeholders on a monthly basis
· Responsible for all external financial project reports and first point of contact for all project audits and enquiries.
· Together with the Head of Finance and Operations, manage and support all project information for Year End Statutory Audit.
· Preform additional assignments as required by the Head of Finance and Operations and other key stakeholders.
· Monthly and quarterly preparation and processing of project journals as required.
· Provide ad hoc financial analysis on projects as requested.
· Provide cover for other team members as required.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV (maximum 2 x A4), Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and a covering letter to HR@youthbusiness.org. Your covering letter (maximum 2 x A4) should:
- Explain why you want this job;
- Explain how your background and experience make you a suitable candidate – please use examples of specific projects and achievements;
- Show what relevant skills and knowledge you will bring, referring to the person specification;
- Confirm where you saw this job advertised AND confirm your eligibility to work in the UK.
Download the full job description for more information.
Closing date: 16th May 2023 (Please submit your application as we will be considering applications on a rolling basis and may close the advert before the closing date.)
Interviews from week commencing 22nd May 2023 (tbc).Apply