Locally rooted network leading to global impact
Established in 2000, YBI brings together organisations with aligned goals to develop and scale the most effective solutions to the critical challenges facing young entrepreneurs and catalyse positive change in entrepreneurship culture.
Since 2014 we have supported over 95,000 young people to start or grow a business by delivering a range of practical entrepreneurship support services, from guiding a young person to register a new business and improving their bookkeeping skills to helping them write a business plan or grow their fledgling business through facilitating access to finance.
Our expert members
Our 50 members in 48 countries are diverse, ranging from training organisations, microfinance institutions, mentoring specialists to business associations and incubators. Locally rooted and locally led, members combine deep contextual knowledge with YBI’s sector-leading global expertise and tools.
The Network effect
YBI is supported by the Network Team, based in London, UK and Bogotá, Colombia. This small, passionate team are committed to equipping members with the most effective solutions to empower youth with the right tools to start and grow sustainable businesses. As a network, we learn, innovate and influence together to drive impact for young entrepreneurs and their communities.
Our values and team
Our values are embedded in everything we do:
Tenacity - We won’t give up until every young entrepreneur has the opportunity to succeed;
Collaboration - We work together as a team, building trust to connect and empower;
Quality - We strive to set the highest standards in youth entrepreneurship support.
The Programme Officer will be responsible for coordinating a variety of programme deliverables ensuring outputs are met on time and within budget as well as supporting other teams during busy periods.
1. Project Management: Provide project management and delivery support to the Senior Programme Manager and the Programme Delivery team; monitor delivery of project outcomes recording activity against targets and ensuring evidence is captured and highlighted in reports and financial claims; Regularly report project highlights based on member reports, community activity and activity promoted in social channels; administering the contract monitoring process for externally funded projects including maintaining up to date and accurate project budgets.
2. Liaise with members/Network Team staff: Support the Programme delivery team with convening meetings involving relevant members and/or NT staff; ensure any collateral is shared with all stakeholders before/after meetings; record minutes where relevant; support with follow-ups.
3. Strategic Grant Management: Support the Senior Programme Manager and Finance Team with the management of strategic grants, including follow-ups with members regarding reporting; cash disbursements; contracts.
4. Administrative support: Support members of the Delivery team with travel booking and workshop support and administration; maintaining up-to-date records in the CRM and in project monitoring documents.
5. Salesforce Management: Liaise with the Technology Team where necessary to tweak and/or develop any additional Grant Management tools.
6. Support the gathering and analysis of project data in line with our monitoring and evaluation requirements;
7. Deal with issues and risks as they arise;
8. Make sure any threats to budgets and timescales are escalated.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV (maximum 2 x A4) and a covering letter to HR@youthbusiness.org. Your covering letter (maximum 2 x A4) should:
Closing date: Monday, 17th June at 09:30 am
Interviews: w/c 24th June 2019
YBI is an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, therefore, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or ethnic or national origin.
At YBI, your right to privacy and confidentiality is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system for YBI’s employment purposes only and for no longer than one year after the post has been filled; then personal data will be disposed of in the GDPR compliant manner. We store all data securely and will not disclose it to any third parties without your consent. Please see our Data Protection Policy here to find out more.Apply
Please check back again soon for updates!