Senior Programme Manager (Maternity Cover)
£45,000-50,000 (depending on experience)
Download Job Description
Youth Business International is seeking an outstanding Senior Programme Manager to manage an exciting portfolio of international programmes with a range of donors. The successful candidate will lead on programme quality and stewardship and will be instrumental in developing and nurturing innovative global partnerships which further YBI’s strategy and impact.
Youth Business International (YBI) is the global network of expert organisations in over 50 countries supporting underserved young entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into successful businesses, creating jobs and strengthening communities.
Young people are a critical resource. However, with 66 million young people currently unemployed across the world, this potential is not being realised. Furthermore, of those that are working, many do not earn enough to lift themselves out of poverty. Thus, addressing the youth employment crisis is imperative, not only for the well-being of young people but also to ensure sustainable, inclusive growth and social cohesion globally.
Over the last three years (2015 - 2017), the YBI network has supported 175,445 young people with entrepreneurship training and helped 64,637 young people to start or grow a business. In total, 427,402 young people have been engaged through outreach activities.
YBI’s organisational values are embedded in the work we do:
Tenacity - We won’t give up until every young entrepreneur has the opportunity to succeed
Collaboration - We work together as a team, building trust to connect and empower
Quality - We strive to set the highest standards in youth entrepreneurship support
Background to the role
You will work across the YBI Network Team and with members around the globe on a range of projects. Maintaining our reputation as a leading global network requires a highly skilled, knowledgeable, energetic team to manage our internal business functions. As a part of this diverse and talented group of individuals, you can play a vital role in Youth Business International success.
This role is instrumental in achieving our ambition through delivering existing and new partnerships with the following principles in mind:
- Building/maintaining strong working relationships and balancing carefully the needs of our partnerships with the needs and capacity of our members - both sets of stakeholders will enjoy a trusted relationship and a rewarding experience of working with the Network Team
- Demonstrating greater accoundatbility for every partnership 'dollar' - leading and managing strong programme management processes and reporting across the Network Team and members (where relevant), resulting in clear Management Information at senior level and strong donor confidence in YBI
- Delivering well and delivering consistently - work with YBI Directors and members (where relevant) to ensure programme deliverables are achieved/exceeded and risks are effectively flagged and mitigated. In addition, working proactively to unlock additional opportunities within partnerships and maximise potential for further leveraged
- Contributing to the Network Team’s continuous improvement – supporting the development of replicable and innovative partnership models based on lessons learnt; contributing insights and guidance at senior level about maximising the value of existing partnerships.
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of regional and global programmes across YBI’s network;
- Direct line management of 2 staff;
- Responsible for ensuring that YBI’s programmes consistently meet their targets and milestones, working closely with YBI Senior Directors, members and partners to maintain the programme work plan;
- Use appropriate project management systems/tools to enable the effective delivery and monitoring of all programmes in your portfolio;
- Responsible for managing programme budgets, working with delivery partners and finance to ensure that all programmes are delivered within budget and represent good value for money for YBI and donors;
- Ensure that programme quality is maintained and strengthened at all stages of the project cycle
- Work closely with our Evaluation and Learning Team to establish and/or maintain appropriate programme monitoring tools and processes
- Monitor programme results and share learning with the wider Programme team and Network to support continuous improvements to programme quality
Grant reporting and stakeholder management
- Responsible for producing regular high quality and timely reports for all programme grants within YBI’s portfolio requiring coordination and management of YBI Directors and members
- Support the fundraising team as required to manage and steward relationships with programme funders and other key stakeholders to maximise partnership opportunities for YBI
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop appropriate communications collateral relating to the programmes
Development of new projects
- Work with YBI Team Leads to effectively design/develop/test/implement innovative and/or new projects using programme management best practice
- Provide insights and guidance at critical stages to ensure these projects are aligned with YBI’s organisational strategy and partnership objectives
- Support the development of proposals to existing partners where YBI is seeking investment/buy-in for new projects as part of an existing programme.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV (maximum 2 x A4) and a covering letter to HR[at]youthbusiness.org. Your covering letter (maximum 2 x A4) should:
- Explain why you want this job;
- Explain how your background and experience make you a suitable candidate – please use examples of specific projects and achievements;
- Show what relevant skills and knowledge you will bring, referring to the person specification;
- Confirm you have an existing right to work in the UK (we are unable to accept applications otherwise)
- Confirm where you saw this job advertised
Closing date: 9:00am Monday, 11th February 2019
YBI is an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. We are committed to creating a diverse environment therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or ethnic or national origin.
At YBI, your right to privacy is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system for YBI’s employment purposes only and for no longer than one year after the post has been filled; then personal data will be disposed of in the GDPR compliant manner. We store all data securely and will not disclose it to any third parties without your consent. Please see our Data Protection Policy here to find out more.