In June 2018, Acción Emprendedora successfully concluded its three-year project, Acción Impulso: Fomentando el espiritu empresarial juvenil en Chile, launched in 2015 with support from the Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) as part of the Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP).
Through this project, Acción Emprendedora supported 3,434 disadvantaged young people by providing entrepreneurship training and support services including mentoring, counselling, access to finance and other business development services.
The funding received from the MIF alongside the continued support of the YBI network, helped lay the groundwork for Acción Emprendedora to continue its focus on building digital solutions aimed at helping entrepreneurs to develop and help their enterprises grow.
To mark the culmination of this three-year programme, Acción Emprendedora hosted a public event in Santiago de Chile where they launched Acción País, a new digital platform that will help entrepreneurs from all over Chile and Latin America to benefit from their support, no matter how far away they are. Through Acción País, users will have access to specific support platforms which include:
- BanAcción: a platform that connects entrepreneurs with investors and credit institutions, facilitating access to funding;
- Acción Educa: an e-learning platform that brings together the best courses in entrepreneurship training allowing the users to suggest videos and courses using collaboration as a way of growing the community;
- 2ment: a mentor-mentee matching platform. It serves as a meeting point between mentors and mentees, allowing volunteer mentors to view and select their mentees and thus start an eight month mentoring relationship;
- 4funds: an online space which displays public and private funding opportunities to which universities, local governments and other non-profit organisations can apply;
- Becas y oportunidades: allows entrepreneurs to find information on scholarships and opportunities such as funding, events and training amongst others;
- Empleos Locales: allows entrepreneurs to publish their job vacancies, serving as a job platform specifically for SMEs;
- Provemart: showcases consultants that offer advice in topics relevant for entrepreneurs, such as business planning, business model, pricing, funding, permits and pitching strategies. Each consultant has a public profile that's rated by an entrepreneur based on the value of their advice;
- Mercado Acción: a market place to showcase the products of the entrepreneurs they support
During the celebration event, Acción Emprendedora also launched 100 historias que contar (100 stories to tell), an online space that showcases inspiring stories of one hundred entrepreneurs supported as part of Acción Impulso: Fomentando el espiritu empresarial juvenil en Chile.
Acción Emprendedora became a member of the YBI network in 2015 through YBI’s Youth Entrepreneurship Program (YEP) in Latin America and the Caribbean — a regional programme covering 10 countries with the aim of supporting over 60,000 vulnerable youth to start or grow their own businesses. The YEP was launched in 2013 and is supported by the Multilateral Investment Fund of the Inter-American Development Bank, Citi Foundation and Accenture, among others.