We would like to invite you to an open session to explore the importance of, and challenges facing young entrepreneurs from the LGBTQI+ community.
During this session, we will explore:
- The key challenges young people of this identity face when pursuing a business
- A case study presentation of the work being done around this area, including the successes and drawbacks we can face in carrying out this work
- A space to explore how this relates to your local context and what initiatives we can take as a global network to address this
Whether you’re already working with such communities or are simply curious, we welcome you all!
We will be joined by:
- Robin from the Queer Box, a non-binary academic who runs workshops for the LGBTQI+ community and has been involved in acitivsm and policy making since 2010. Their work focuses on gender, sexuality and relationship diversities.
- Zimkitha Gova, an advocate for LGBTQI+ economic inclusion in business and entrepreneurship in South Africa, who holds a strong network and knowledge on supporting LGBTQI+ entrepreneurs across the African content.
We will run two sessions on the 29th of March to serve a global time zone.
How to sign up
Please follow the link to the session you would like to attend:
Workshop 2 – 29th March 1pm (GMT)(closed)
If you have any queries, please contact our Development and Programme Manager, Zain Ali.