YBI members, leading experts and decision makers will convene in Cartagena, Colombia for the Global Youth Entrepreneurship Summit, Youth Business International's flagship network event.
Hosted in partnership with Accenture and IDB Lab, GYES 2019 will take place between 10-14 June 2019 in Cartagena, a UNESCO world heritage site located on the Caribbean coast of Colombia. Over five days we will explore the most significant topics in the sector, build closer relationships within our network and with partners, and share the expertise of YBI members as we further develop our global network supporting young entrepreneurs.
This year's theme, 'Innovation for Impact' is designed to identify and provide new solutions for the challenges faced by youth entrepreneurship organisations across the world. From keynote speeches, panel discussions and workshops featuring some of the industry's most knowledgeable experts, to networking and social activities, GYES 2019 is an event you don't want to miss.
Our three track themes for the week are:
- Future - We will look at the key trends in youth entrepreneurship and what we need to be thinking about for the future of work. We will explore what innovation really means and how we can harness it to increase our collective impact.
- Progress - We will discuss in depth the skills needed by young people to thrive as entrepreneurs tackling topics such as migrant youth, digital barriers and entrepreneurship in rural communities.
- Growth - We will explore the continuing collective challenges of sustainability and growth in the context of scaling. We will share experiences of different business models and revenue streams, joint ventures and commercialisation.
What can you expect from GYES 2019
Over five days in Colombia, you will connect with a wide audience of experts from not-for-profit organisations, micro-finance institutions, private sector organisations, government and mentoring specialists.
Some of the week's activities include:
- Keynotes and workshops - Keynotes will feature some of the most knowledgeable experts in youth entrepreneurship sector. Our workshops will arm you with the tactical know-how you need to asses, improve and grow your services, to better respond to the needs of the young entrepreneurs you support.
- Panel discussions - Panel discussions will tackle the hot topics in the sector - using innovation to scale impact, barriers in supporting youth to become entrepreneurs, sustainable business models, providing access to finance and the value of mentoring.
- Young Entrepreneur and Mentor Recognition Awards - We want to celebrate entrepreneurs with exceptional, innovative businesses, and recognise the mentors who have given their time to guide young people to realise their potential.
- Innovation Awards - We will recognise and celebrate the YBI member organisations who are using innovation to better serve the needs of the entrepreneurs they support.
- Networking opportunities - There's more to the GYES 2019 than just great content. Along with opportunities to learn, share and get inspired, there will be plenty of networking and social activities.
Interested in becoming a partner?
If you're looking to showcase your brand in front of 50+ organisations from across the world, GYES 2019 offers several customisable partnership opportunities to fulfil your needs. You can read our prospectus here or get in touch with us by filling in the Contact Us form via the GYES 2019 website.